Melissa Peretti is an award-winning Toronto-based interior decorator with a passion for whimsy and clever design. Melissa excels at creating warm, personal spaces for her residential clients and understands all the detailed needs of their varied projects. Her successful and rapidly expanding design firm, Melissa Peretti Imagination + Design, is looking for an independent Design Assistant to join their growing team.
The Design Assistant will report to the Studio Principal and Operations Manager. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a busy team. This is a role that is fun and creative with lots of opportunity to learn and be challenged. There is some flexibility in work hours and opportunity to grow with the company.
- Booking and confirming appointments
- Assistance with client presentations, proposals, new client setup and onboarding
- Project management including support sourcing, estimate requests, purchasing, tracking purchases, refunds, service estimates and budgets
- Create purchase orders and invoices for clients
- Liaise with vendors, manage delivery schedules and orders
- Maintain the digital catalogue and manage inventory
- Assisting on site with client meetings, deliveries, installations, photoshoots, furniture arrangement, taking measurements, taking reference photos
- Maintaining samples library, ordering and collecting samples for library and presentation
- Marketing support by means of content gathering and creations (taking photos and videos to give to the marketing manager)
- Other general assistant tasks including but not limited to research, information gathering, involvement creating the operations manual and training systems/manuals
- Must have minimum one year demonstrated administrative experience
- Experience or keen interest in Interior Design are necessary
- Must be proficient with Excel/Google Sheets, Word/Google Docs, Google Drive
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software quickly is mandatory
- Experience using any of the following software is a bonus: Slack, Photoshop, Canva, Quickbooks, Dubsado, and Mydoma
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in time management and multitasking
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with limited instruction
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills are crucial
- Must have an entrepreneurial “Go-Getter” attitude
- Must be based locally in Toronto, and have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle to be able to travel locally to sites, suppliers and stores
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local Toronto-based candidates will be considered.
Please email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.